Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Based in Newcastle upon Tyne (inarguably the greatest city on earth), we’re an ambitious agency that does a bit of everything; brand development, advertising, content, digital, social, PR, interiors, activation and experiential design. From championing local brands to executing worldwide campaigns, we do it all. And you will too.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a razor-sharp Creative Lead. A natural leader with exceptional talent; we want someone who thrives on responsibility and who relishes the idea of being part of a creative team that takes the agency and its demanding clients to the next level.
The world has shifted in the way it works, and we’re looking for someone to match our ambition. We’re after a digitally savvy designer with that bit of something that’s hard to pin down. Creative bravery, fierce ambition, someone who sets their own standards and inspires those around them.
A team player, sure. But mavericks are welcome too. We expect you to raise the bar. Whether working independently or as part of a larger creative team, you’ll be responsible for creating impactful work that gets people talking.
Can you build a brand identity one minute and execute digital campaigns the next? Are you a graphic design whizz and an art director with an exceptional eye? Do you think strategically, smart and big? Do you have a passion for brands and culture?
This is a senior position, so agency experience and a strong voice is a necessity. If you can stand by your work, command a creative discussion and be a significant cog in a talented team, we want to hear from you.
Sound like you? Send your CV, portfolio and a cover letter that sets you apart to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 23.
- Take ownership of allocated projects to ensure design excellence – from concepting and presentation, all the way through to execution, art direction and final delivery.
- Provide creative leadership, inspiration, guidance, support and direction to the design team and wider business.
- Contribute to the growth of new business and deliver excellent pitch conversion.
- Build fantastic working relationships internally and externally to ensure a joyful working culture and continuous client satisfaction.
- Build a strong network, both in the local community and the wider industry, and be happy to represent Cool Blue at talks, workshops and events.
- Be a guardian of Cool Blue’s brand and play a senior role in helping to direct and build the next chapter of our story.
- A competitive spirit, a demanding edge, and an unquenchable thirst for creating great work.
- Minimum 4 years’ agency experience as a Creative Lead or similar.
- Evidence of developing standout online and offline campaigns to a high standard.
- In-depth knowledge of graphic design principles, styles and layout techniques.
- Strong proficiency across a wide range of media, and in applying a brand identity across multiple channels, platforms and tools.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite – especially Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. (Experience in After Effects would be a plus.)
- Self-belief, a sense of humour and a portfolio full of killer creative is a must.