Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Based in Newcastle upon Tyne (inarguably the greatest city on earth), we’re an ambitious agency that does a number of things; brand development, advertising, content, digital, social, PR, interiors, activation and experiential design. From championing local brands to executing worldwide campaigns, we do it all. And you will too.
ABOUT THE ROLE
At Cool Blue, we know the worth of a talented PR Account Manager. Someone with infectious enthusiasm, peerless people skills and calmness levels that would put the Dalai Lama to shame. That’s why we’re after someone special to join our award-winning team.
The account management team is the driving force of all our projects and, as PR Account Manager, you’ll be tasked with playing a significant leading role. In a busy, highly skilled and dedicated creative environment, it is your responsibility to successfully deliver a range of projects at any one time, for a mix of very different clients.
You’ll promote collaboration and push for the very best creative output. You will go in to bat for the client and the creative team simultaneously, with an unwavering vision of what’s best for all. You’ll be a leader.
You’ll be offered flexible working, a generous salary, a considerable holiday package and professional development opportunities to supercharge your knowledge and expertise.
We know it takes a certain set of skills to shape projects from the outset and keep everyone on track, despite the inevitable hurdles. So, we want to hear from you if…
- you have experience of planning and delivering integrated campaigns, working closely with branding, marketing, design and digital teams
- you love spinning plates when it comes to a range of campaign activities, including media relations, content creation, social media, brand collaborations, influencer outreach, events, and brand development
- you value working in a highly supportive environment, handling campaigns for leading brands in a range of sectors
- you have significant experience in developing excellent relationships, both with clients and creative teams
- you can keep a creative team in check when they’re getting too big for their boots
- you can keep a demanding client happy when a deadline is looming and the budget is stretched
Sound like you? Send your CV, portfolio and a cover letter that sets you apart to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 23.
- End-to-end project management and delivery across all client accounts – including timelines, budgeting and briefs
- Manage and scope new business (including fee structuring, negotiating, procurement and resource)
- Writing for media releases, social media, websites, blogs and print materials
- Collaboration with in-house design teams and digital partners
- Produce relevant campaign ideas, make sound decisions and give quality advice and responses to typical client requirements
- Play an active part, through a mixture of pitching, proposal writing, networking and cross-selling, to help us meet our own commercial objectives
- Review and improve processes and best practice
- Build a strong network, both in the local community and the wider industry, and be happy to represent Cool Blue at talks, workshops and events
- Provide leadership, inspiration, guidance, support and direction to the account team and wider business
- Be a guardian of Cool Blue’s brand and play a senior role in helping to direct and build the next chapter of our story
- First-class organisational and time management skills
- Minimum 2 years’ experience, ideally in an agency, as a PR Account Manager or similar
- Experience in delivering standout campaigns across multiple platforms and channels
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with excellent attention to detail
- Digitally literate, with a good understanding of Outlook Office Suite and Google Suite, and familiarity with project management tools such as Slack and Asana
- Proficiency with Adobe software, such as Acrobat & InDesign, is a bonus