In Newcastle, we work with leading brands across the UK in a range of sectors. The work load is varied and the opportunities for personal growth are great.
We’re looking for an upbeat new team member that’s an experienced PHP Developer who’ll be responsible for the development and maintenance of client websites and applications.
You will work on a variety of projects from simple websites to internal applications for a wide range of clients.
Applicants must be able to plan and structure work from concept, through specification, coding and final testing – whilst considering the real-time needs of the business.
Being flexible enough to react to the rapidly changing demands of our agency is essential, therefore the ideal person for this role will be able to think quickly, plan carefully and be able to rapidly deploy robust, well-tested solutions.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Solid PHP5 development experience
- Experience with CMS systems and theme development (WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc.)
- Experience with ecommerce systems and development (WooCommerce, Magento 1 & 2, etc.)
- HTML5, CSS3
- SASS/ LESS
- Responsive Frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation)
- Responsive design and implementation
- Usage of APIs
- Usage console/terminal
- Source/Version control systems (Git)
- cross-browser/cross-platform compatibility issues
- Comfortable using workflow tools (gulp, webpack, npm scripts, bower, etc.)
- Software development methodologies, e.g. agile
- OOP concepts, understanding and their implementation details
- Experience with email marketing systems (Mail Chimp)
- Adherence to web standards and best practices
- Basic understanding of using Photoshop
- Web Marketing; SEO and Inbound Marketing
- A great working environment
- Build sites for nationally and internationally recognised brands
- An open working environment and forum for sharing ideas
- Help to shape the digital offering for the agency
- Childcare vouchers
- Team social events
- Paid for personal training
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences
- Free parking
Please send your details to:
Tanya Garland: email@example.com
Thank you to everyone who recently applied for our vacancies. We’ve had a tremendous response and the positions are now filled. If you were not called for interview we will be contacting you very soon to explain why. Lots and lots of great people out there, very heartening. For those who were unlucky this time, keep trying, the right role WILL turn up because every CV we saw was good.